Habits are repeated behaviours that occur in our everyday lives and we all have positive and negative habits. The way a habit is formed is when we make a request to our brain for the first time, a neural or neurological pathway is formed. The more times we make that request the pathway becomes stronger and the easier it is for the nervous system to handle that request until a habit is created. It then becomes automatic.
If you are interested in attending workshops to release a bad habit please click on this link: dylstudio.ca/workshop-descriptions.html
SELF HYPNOSIS TOOL to help release a bad habit:
1) Place yourself into a meditative state
2) REASON- Select a problem that you would like to solve (chose a problem that requires greater insight that needs to be resolved.) How does this problem relate to the behaviour? 3) SYMPTOM - what is the situation, behaviour and emotion that you experience when you are having this problem. This may or may not include your habits. Identify key times or simply when these cyclical behaviours occur.
4) NEW OUTCOME-now break state and take yourself to a different space in your mind’s eye. Now take yourself to the new behaviour and outcome.
5) DESIRED ACTIONS- now see yourself feeling, experiencing and acting out the changed behaviour, emotions and experiences.
6) Now visualize 4 spaces – REASON for the problem, SYMPTOM- the negative emotions and behaviours, then the NEW OUTCOME, and the new behaivours and emotions. See if any new information arises about your behaviours and emotions as your move through each space. And move through each square numerous times. Pay close attention to the changes in your thoughts and behaviours throughout each day to follow.
- Lisa Woykin
Design Your Life